A DUI charge can have a negative impact on both your personal and professional lives. Therefore, it’s important to get appropriate legal help from experts to avoid any permanent damage. Whether you are guilty or not, you need legal representation to ensure that your rights are respected.
You must only count on reliable legal help in such serious matters. At Rathburn Law, our Indianapolis criminal defense lawyers can make sure that your conviction is overturned or at least that the penalties are minimized.
But first, let’s see how serious a DUI can be!
What Is A DUI Charge?
A DUI charge is when you get caught driving while intoxicated. Most people do not fully understand the severity of this charge. A DUI conviction can lead to your driving license being revoked. You might also have to pay multiple fines and face jail time.
Police officers are usually extensively trained to administer alcotests and field sobriety tests to detect when a driver is driving under the influence of alcohol or any illegal substances. You will be asked to take a breathalyzer exam to determine the amount of alcohol that’s in your system.
Normally, .08% is considered the threshold for adults (those who are of the legal drinking age or older). If your blood alcohol level is beyond this limit, you’ll be considered guilty of drunk driving. For underage individuals, any concentration of alcohol in the bloodstream will be considered a DUI.
When you’re arrested for DUI, guilty or not, the possibility of getting a conviction is there and it can have devastating consequences.
Possible Consequences Of A DUI Conviction
If you get convicted of a DUI charge, the stress never seems to fade away. On top of the constant bugging by the legal process, you’ll face troubles in your personal and work lives. Here’s what a DUI conviction can cost you:
- You can get your driver’s license suspended which means that you won’t be able to drive around anymore and doing so, can lead to more serious problems for you. Most people depend on their cars to commute, so this can be a huge disruption. You will need help getting to places or resort to using public transport.
- You can face problems with your loved ones.
- Also, getting help won’t be easy as it can be a difficult topic to bring up.
- You’ll also feel a bit out of sync at social gatherings, especially if someone brings up the conversation.
- Applying for new jobs won’t be without issues of its own as most employers run a background check before hiring anyone. Your DUI conviction will show up on your permanent records and it can be a hurdle in your career.
- Your arrest might also stop you from getting accommodation. Understandably, most people want tenants with a clean record, thus your DUI charge can create difficulties for you when you want to apply for housing.
- Also, when you apply for any insurance policies or loans, your DUI conviction will follow you, making it extremely hard to get any financial aid or loans. Most people rely on their insurance coverage to get through the ups and downs of life but a DUI conviction will make it less likely for an insurance company to offer coverage.
But this does not have to happen to you!
Why not fight when you still have the chance?
Timely legal help can make all the difference and help solidify your position in the case.
When To Hire Indianapolis Criminal Defense Lawyers?
You should get in touch with one of our Indianapolis criminal defense lawyers as soon as possible because there is no time to waste. Our legal team is more than capable of handling your case expertly and avoiding a DUI conviction.
We can help you get off these charges with a solid defense!
But time is of the essence, the sooner you get in touch with an attorney, the better.
You shouldn’t be a victim of any societal stigma because of a mistake – everyone makes mistakes!
Better not make two then, hire legal help because self-representation can be disastrous.
A legal expert can help you get back on your feet. You can get your driver’s license returned and go back to your normal life. We, at the Rathburn Law Firm, can get rid of the conviction and make sure it doesn’t end up on your permanent record.
Why You Must Get Legal Help For Your DUI Conviction
Reputable Indianapolis criminal defense lawyers can help you avoid a conviction or at least get you a lesser punishment for your charges. You don’t want a criminal track record so you must have the help of someone who knows the legal system and can get you off the offender’s list.
Don’t think of the cost of hiring a DUI lawyer in Indianapolis, but instead, of not hiring one!
If you don’t hire a reliable lawyer right away, you’ll bet pretty much defenseless, and we’ve already discussed just how bad things can be if you do get convicted.
The wise thing to do is to get legal help right away and avoid the harder road!
Get In Touch With Competent Indianapolis Criminal Defense Lawyers From Our Legal Firm!
No one wants a criminal charge on their records, and a DUI charge is considered a serious offense in most states. Not only will it lead to problems in the short term but can also become an obstacle for your prospects.
If you or a loved one recently got charged with DUI, you should get the help you need and reach out to us at the Rathburn Law Firm. We have experienced Indianapolis criminal defense lawyers who can easily help you navigate through your case and make sure that it doesn’t lead to any serious problems for you.
Our DUI lawyers in Indianapolis have an impressive record of success and know the Indianapolis criminal courts quite well. We are here to make sure you don’t face any of the serious consequences of a DUI charge. We can get you a decent plea with your prosecuting attorney so you don’t have to pay heavily for your mistake.
Reach out to us now, without delay!